Tesla ramping towards 10,000 Model 3 cars every week in 2019

Bloomberg reports Panasonic is adding three battery production lines well before the end of 2018.

Tesla expects to increase its output for the vehicle to 10,000 units per week sometime next year and will start offering the $35,000 base Model 3 in a few months.

Grohmann Engineering will help Tesla battery module production become three times faster, and three times cheaper.

The new system will be sent to the Gigafactory by the end of Q3 or beginning of Q4. The Grohmann machine will be in Zones 1, 2, 3, and Tesla will be receiving three machines. The process was designed to alleviate the previous bottleneck in module production which delayed Model 3 production significantly. The machine is already built, and points to the advantage Tesla will have in building future Gigafactories.

73 thoughts on “Tesla ramping towards 10,000 Model 3 cars every week in 2019”

1. Easily 10,000 per week…working on it now…this is why there are slowdowns in production…Musk is expanding the running line. Supplementary tents are on the way.

2. In the US 240V powers hot water heaters, stoves and dryers, many located in the garage. A 240 volt circuit can be installed anywhere around the home for less than $100 and it takes maybe 3 hours.

3. 520,000/year – that is 1960s Ford Mustang type numbers. Huge production numbers. Are they plugging this into the household 220V typically? $15 to $25 per full charge at 75kw-h? Am I in the ballpark? I think I spend about $50/week on gas – maybe it would wash most weeks.

5. 520000/year – that is 1960s Ford Mustang type numbers. Huge production numbers.Are they plugging this into the household 220V typically?$15 to $25 per full charge at 75kw-h? Am I in the ballpark? I think I spend about $50/week on gas – maybe it would wash most weeks.

6. I think it is about 10 cents per kwh in LA for night rates. So for 300 miles range should be less than 10 bucks. Whereas I pay close to 45 buck for the same on my current car. Will find out in a few days when get my M3

7. Depends on your local electrify rates. When you start to get up to 30 cents per kilowatt or higher you are starting to get close to gas costs in California unless you charge overnight at EV rates . Gas is not likely to get cheaper in the long run though.

8. I think it is about 10 cents per kwh in LA for night rates. So for 300 miles range should be less than 10 bucks. Whereas I pay close to 45 buck for the same on my current car. Will find out in a few days when get my M3

9. You need to consider the lifetime cost of the vehicle, which is more than just gas/electricity. Electric cars are much simpler mechanically, so supposedly their maintenance should be cheaper. But it depends on the reliability of the construction, in other words on the build quality. I don’t know if Tesla has worked out the kinks in their cars yet. Probably some yes and some not yet.

10. You need to consider the lifetime cost of the vehicle which is more than just gas/electricity. Electric cars are much simpler mechanically so supposedly their maintenance should be cheaper. But it depends on the reliability of the construction in other words on the build quality. I don’t know if Tesla has worked out the kinks in their cars yet. Probably some yes and some not yet.

11. Except you need to factor in the cost of battery replacement A gas tank is just a big plastic bottle that will hold gas for hundreds of years. Batteries especially rechargeables lose charge capacity permanently after every charge, recharge cycle. The typical household does not get 220v in the garage In the US it is 120V in Europe is 220V

12. Except you need to factor in the cost of battery replacementA gas tank is just a big plastic bottle that will hold gas for hundreds of years. Batteries especially rechargeables lose charge capacity permanently after every charge recharge cycle. The typical household does not get 220v in the garageIn the US it is 120V in Europe is 220V

13. In Europe we have 230 V – 1 phase in normal sockets that you have inside your house. In garages or on the outside of the house we have 400 V – 3 phase sockets. It depends, but the main breaker is mostly rated for 25A, but if you use electricity to heat your home etc. the houses have 32-63A. You can get more, but obviously you pay more for it. So you can draw (if nothing else is on) 17,3 kW in a garage in Europe, if we take the standard 25A breaker. But thats theoretical, if nothing else would be switched on.

14. In Europe we have 230 V – 1 phase in normal sockets that you have inside your house. In garages or on the outside of the house we have 400 V – 3 phase sockets. It depends but the main breaker is mostly rated for 25A but if you use electricity to heat your home etc. the houses have 32-63A. You can get more but obviously you pay more for it. So you can draw (if nothing else is on) 173 kW in a garage in Europe if we take the standard 25A breaker. But thats theoretical if nothing else would be switched on.

15. Gigafactory1 that is constantly growing is making the batteries and the powertrains. Freemont plant has enough outdoor space to add 20 more productions lines in the tents. I personally see no issues with production lines in the tents in California climate but in any case they can build the building around the tents later one.

16. I am on a plan that gives discount for night rates specifically to promote electric vehicles. I think it is $0.11 or may be 0.12 per kwh. Day time rates are close to 0.2. I will charge at night.

17. OK, how do they do this without more than doubling the size their Fremont plant? The Fremont plant had to add a third production line in a tent to get to 5000 Model 3s a week and the Fremont plant only builds cars and not batteries… Well???

18. Gigafactory1 that is constantly growing is making the batteries and the powertrains. Freemont plant has enough outdoor space to add 20 more productions lines in the tents. I personally see no issues with production lines in the tents in California climate but in any case they can build the building around the tents later one.

19. I am on a plan that gives discount for night rates specifically to promote electric vehicles. I think it is $0.11 or may be 0.12 per kwh. Day time rates are close to 0.2. I will charge at night.

20. OK how do they do this without more than doubling the size their Fremont plant? The Fremont plant had to add a third production line in a tent to get to 5000 Model 3s a week and the Fremont plant only builds cars and not batteries… Well???

21. IN FRANCE I CAN BUY SOLAR PANEL 280WC BOSCH CELL MONCRYSTALLIN FOR 53EUROS (60$) and regulator victron its possible to charge for free with sun after buy 30 panels and regulator for 2300$ both
    and ok for 30 years

22. The big plastic bottle has a fuel pump in it that lasts anywhere from 50,000 miles to 200,000 miles, then needs replacement at a cost of $400+ depending on the model. The fuel system has other parts that require maintenance, repair and replacement as well.

23. The big plastic bottle has a fuel pump in it that lasts anywhere from 50000 miles to 200000 miles then needs replacement at a cost of $400+ depending on the model. The fuel system has other parts that require maintenance repair and replacement as well.

24. The big plastic bottle has a fuel pump in it that lasts anywhere from 50,000 miles to 200,000 miles, then needs replacement at a cost of $400+ depending on the model. The fuel system has other parts that require maintenance, repair and replacement as well.

25. Gigafactory1 that is constantly growing is making the batteries and the powertrains. Freemont plant has enough outdoor space to add 20 more productions lines in the tents. I personally see no issues with production lines in the tents in California climate but in any case they can build the building around the tents later one.

26. Gigafactory1 that is constantly growing is making the batteries and the powertrains. Freemont plant has enough outdoor space to add 20 more productions lines in the tents. I personally see no issues with production lines in the tents in California climate but in any case they can build the building around the tents later one.

27. I am on a plan that gives discount for night rates specifically to promote electric vehicles. I think it is $0.11 or may be 0.12 per kwh. Day time rates are close to 0.2. I will charge at night.

28. I am on a plan that gives discount for night rates specifically to promote electric vehicles. I think it is $0.11 or may be 0.12 per kwh. Day time rates are close to 0.2. I will charge at night.

29. OK, how do they do this without more than doubling the size their Fremont plant? The Fremont plant had to add a third production line in a tent to get to 5000 Model 3s a week and the Fremont plant only builds cars and not batteries… Well???

30. OK how do they do this without more than doubling the size their Fremont plant? The Fremont plant had to add a third production line in a tent to get to 5000 Model 3s a week and the Fremont plant only builds cars and not batteries… Well???

31. Gigafactory1 that is constantly growing is making the batteries and the powertrains. Freemont plant has enough outdoor space to add 20 more productions lines in the tents. I personally see no issues with production lines in the tents in California climate but in any case they can build the building around the tents later one.

32. I am on a plan that gives discount for night rates specifically to promote electric vehicles. I think it is $0.11 or may be 0.12 per kwh. Day time rates are close to 0.2. I will charge at night.

33. In Europe we have 230 V – 1 phase in normal sockets that you have inside your house. In garages or on the outside of the house we have 400 V – 3 phase sockets. It depends, but the main breaker is mostly rated for 25A, but if you use electricity to heat your home etc. the houses have 32-63A. You can get more, but obviously you pay more for it. So you can draw (if nothing else is on) 17,3 kW in a garage in Europe, if we take the standard 25A breaker. But thats theoretical, if nothing else would be switched on.

34. In Europe we have 230 V – 1 phase in normal sockets that you have inside your house. In garages or on the outside of the house we have 400 V – 3 phase sockets. It depends but the main breaker is mostly rated for 25A but if you use electricity to heat your home etc. the houses have 32-63A. You can get more but obviously you pay more for it. So you can draw (if nothing else is on) 173 kW in a garage in Europe if we take the standard 25A breaker. But thats theoretical if nothing else would be switched on.

35. OK, how do they do this without more than doubling the size their Fremont plant? The Fremont plant had to add a third production line in a tent to get to 5000 Model 3s a week and the Fremont plant only builds cars and not batteries… Well???

36. Except you need to factor in the cost of battery replacement A gas tank is just a big plastic bottle that will hold gas for hundreds of years. Batteries especially rechargeables lose charge capacity permanently after every charge, recharge cycle. The typical household does not get 220v in the garage In the US it is 120V in Europe is 220V

37. Except you need to factor in the cost of battery replacementA gas tank is just a big plastic bottle that will hold gas for hundreds of years. Batteries especially rechargeables lose charge capacity permanently after every charge recharge cycle. The typical household does not get 220v in the garageIn the US it is 120V in Europe is 220V

38. You need to consider the lifetime cost of the vehicle, which is more than just gas/electricity. Electric cars are much simpler mechanically, so supposedly their maintenance should be cheaper. But it depends on the reliability of the construction, in other words on the build quality. I don’t know if Tesla has worked out the kinks in their cars yet. Probably some yes and some not yet.

39. You need to consider the lifetime cost of the vehicle which is more than just gas/electricity. Electric cars are much simpler mechanically so supposedly their maintenance should be cheaper. But it depends on the reliability of the construction in other words on the build quality. I don’t know if Tesla has worked out the kinks in their cars yet. Probably some yes and some not yet.

40. In Europe we have 230 V – 1 phase in normal sockets that you have inside your house. In garages or on the outside of the house we have 400 V – 3 phase sockets. It depends, but the main breaker is mostly rated for 25A, but if you use electricity to heat your home etc. the houses have 32-63A. You can get more, but obviously you pay more for it.

41. I think it is about 10 cents per kwh in LA for night rates. So for 300 miles range should be less than 10 bucks. Whereas I pay close to 45 buck for the same on my current car. Will find out in a few days when get my M3

42. I think it is about 10 cents per kwh in LA for night rates. So for 300 miles range should be less than 10 bucks. Whereas I pay close to 45 buck for the same on my current car. Will find out in a few days when get my M3

43. Depends on your local electrify rates. When you start to get up to 30 cents per kilowatt or higher you are starting to get close to gas costs in California unless you charge overnight at EV rates . Gas is not likely to get cheaper in the long run though.

44. Depends on your local electrify rates. When you start to get up to 30 cents per kilowatt or higheryou are starting to get close to gas costs in California unless you charge overnight at EV rates . Gas is not likely to get cheaper in the long run though.

45. Except you need to factor in the cost of battery replacement

The typical household does not get 220v in the garage

In the US it is 120V in Europe is 220V

46. 520,000/year – that is 1960s Ford Mustang type numbers. Huge production numbers. Are they plugging this into the household 220V typically? $15 to $25 per full charge at 75kw-h? Am I in the ballpark? I think I spend about $50/week on gas – maybe it would wash most weeks.

47. 520000/year – that is 1960s Ford Mustang type numbers. Huge production numbers.Are they plugging this into the household 220V typically?$15 to $25 per full charge at 75kw-h? Am I in the ballpark? I think I spend about $50/week on gas – maybe it would wash most weeks.

48. You need to consider the lifetime cost of the vehicle, which is more than just gas/electricity. Electric cars are much simpler mechanically, so supposedly their maintenance should be cheaper. But it depends on the reliability of the construction, in other words on the build quality. I don’t know if Tesla has worked out the kinks in their cars yet. Probably some yes and some not yet.

49. I think it is about 10 cents per kwh in LA for night rates. So for 300 miles range should be less than 10 bucks. Whereas I pay close to 45 buck for the same on my current car. Will find out in a few days when get my M3

50. Depends on your local electrify rates. When you start to get up to 30 cents per kilowatt or higher
    Gas is not likely to get cheaper in the long run though.

51. 520,000/year – that is 1960s Ford Mustang type numbers. Huge production numbers.

Are they plugging this into the household 220V typically?