* 3.5 inch, 640 by 360 pixel screen
* 4.76 ounces (135 grams)
* 720p HD video
* HDMI out cable for viewing snaps and movies on a TV
* a standard USB interface for USB memory sticks
* On board memory is 16GB with a micro SD slot for more memory
* free, turn by turn navigation through the firm’s Ovi Maps app
* Symbian 3 operating system
* multitasking and live updates to social-networking apps like Facebook and Twitter
* scalable phone platform. So there will be a family of N8 class Smartphones
UPDATE : A more complete list of Nokia N8 features is gsmarena
* 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics
* Xenon flash
* a large sensor that rivals those found in compact digital cameras
Phone Apple iPhone 4 Nokia N8 Droid 2 Droid X Price 16GB $199, $500 unknown $299 32GB $299 Verizon $199 after rebate /w two yr ATT Verizon OS iOS4 Symbian 3 Android 2.2 Android 2.1 Data Edge 2.5G GSM 850/90 1x RTT 1x RTT HSPA 7.2 GSM1800/1900 EVDO Rev A (3G) EVDO Rev A (3G) HSDPA 850 / 900 1700/2100/1900 Best Coverage Real World 1.3-1.8 Mbps 1.3-1.8Mbps 1Mbps 1Mbps Download Best coverage Real World 386kbps 386 kbps 500kbps 500kbs Upload Network ATT several Verizon Verizon Screen 3.5 inch 3.5 inch 3.7 inch 4.3 inch 900X640 360X640 480X800 ? 480X854 Rear 5.0MP, LED flash, 12 MP 5 MP 8 MP Camera 720p HD, 30 fs 720p HD vid ?? 720p Front VGA ?? ?? no Camera Micro SD no up to 32GB up to 32GB up to 32GB FM Radio no yes ? no Wifi hotspot no yes ? yes Weight 4.8 ounces 4.76 ounces ? ounces 5.47 ounces Processors A4 Processor ARM 11 680 MHz 1Ghz 3D Graphics ARMV7 rev2 HW accelerator Keyboard Touchscreen Touchscreen Physical Touchscreen
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.