* World’s highest field superconducting magnet – 23.5 T for 1 GHz NMR (Bruker Lyon) – ~ 1 Nb-Ti outer and inner in m OD Nb Nb3Sn
* World’s highest incremental superconducting field (2.8 T in 31 T = 33.8T) – SuperPower YBCO in NHMFL coil – ~ 3.5 cm OD
* Magnets come in many sizes, not just big 100 – 1000 m of good wire can generate significant fields
* These lengths are what industry is producing now
* Today’s conductors have certain length varying defects that need fixing
* Small magnets are a wonderful evaluator and discriminator for the defects
* Success with small magnets will generate demand for many big magnets
* 9 Tesla magnets at 55K are with reach (instead of 2K temperature)
Industrial Heater is the worlds First Superconducting Energy Product
Stellarators using bulk HTS Tiles?
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.