I normally do not promote non-profits. However, Jezuba is a worthy charity that I am associated with.
They help people in developed countries get solar lighting. Donors will help a charity to get solar lighting to people who now use kerosene. Donors will also get unique handmade craft gift items.
25% off total Purchase with Special Code: MOM2019
FREE Shipping on orders over $100+ (USD)
Kerosene is a dangerous chemical that provides poor light. Solar lights can last longer and avoid unhealthy indoor air pollution. Millions of children every year get severely burned by kerosene because they just tip over the lamp and it keeps burning.
Do Good for the World and Get a Mother’s Day Gift
Jezuba means “thank you” in Burmese. The goal of Jezuba- a non-profit charity is simple. They buy crafts at a fair price from artisans in underserved communities such as Myanmar, and they recruit young volunteers to help market and resell these goods in the United States via ecommerce. Young volunteers will learn to utilize innovative tools and entrepreneurial thinking to market and resell these artisan goods acquired at fair prices.
Solar Lights – Transform Lives
With a solar lantern, people can:
1. Read at night.
2. Walk Home Safely After Dark. Nobody likes to walk along an unlit path. People are vulnerable to physical attacks, or can get hit by cars. Solar lanterns increase personal safety by making users more aware of their surroundings and makes others more aware of them.
3. Keep Predators Away from Livestock. Throughout sub-Saharan Africa, many ranchers and farmers have found that hanging solar lanterns from fence posts will keep predators away, protecting their livelihood by minimizing loss. One study found that 63% of households reported reduced loss of livestock to wild animals as a result of using solar lanterns on their corrals, saving on average $100 per household per year.
4. Go to the Toilet in the Middle of the Night. Try going to the bathroom in the dark. Or worse, go ahead and fiddle around for some matches to light your kerosene lantern when you wake up from a deep sleep because nature calls.
5. Fix my Bicycle, Motorcycle or Car When It Breaks Down At Night. If you’re on the road and your vehicle breaks down, the last thing you want to worry about is finding a kerosene lamp and a match. And of course, not everybody has a smartphone that can be used to “swipe up” and create an instant flashlight.
6. Go Fishing. Many fishermen in Lake Victoria on Uganda who earn their livelihood from fishing at night now take solar lanterns with them instead of using kerosene — saving money and increasing their safety.
7. Play with Friends at Night. Children love talking and playing around a safe, solar lantern into the wee hours of the night, without the harmful fumes or danger from kerosene — and nobody risks getting burned.
8. Charge Mobile Phone. Most solar lanterns now come with a USB port that allows you to charge a mobile phone and other devices. More phone use means more access to internet and mobile money, and a greater sense of connection to the world.
9. Play Music. What? Play music with a lantern? Some of the newest solar lantern models come with USB ports and a built-in speaker so that people can listen to their favorite tunes.
10. Stop Spending Money on Kerosene. Many governments spend millions of dollars on kerosene subsidies so people in rural areas can have a very dangerous and unhealthy flicker of light at night. Even with the subsidy, people are spending up to $.50/day on kerosene
Inspiration from Buzbbeauty
Lindy Tsang (better known as Bubzbeauty) has influenced people across the world with her kindness and wisdom. Since launching her Youtube platform in 2009, she’s taken her viewers on her journey of young adulthood to now motherhood. Many people recognize her as a popular Youtuber in the makeup and fashion community, but she’s also well known for her commitment to social impact. Lindy digs deep into true beauty, emphasizing that it comes from a kind and compassionate heart.
This recurring concept of true beauty appears in her book, A Beautiful Mind, A Beautiful Life: The Bubz Guide to Being Unstoppable. It was through reading this book that fans like myself were able to delve into the reality of her life and hardships she had overcome. Each time she talked about the lessons she learned and gave heartfelt advice for those who may be going through a tough time.
There were many takeaways, but the one that stuck out to me the most are these words:
“The more you give, the more you receive. When you are able to step outside of yourself to help others, that will give you the most meaning. True fulfillment comes from being part of something that’s bigger than yourself.”
These magical words resonated with me and aligns with what we at Jezuba wish to accomplish. We’re an organization dedicated to not only making a social and economical impact, but also to empowering young individuals to give back to their community. Jezuba is raising funds to help mercy villages in Burma, similar to how Bubzbeauty launched multiple campaigns to raise funds for Pencils of Promise.
SOURCES – Jezuba, Power Africa