Intel Corporation introduced the 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family, the company’s best processors ever. The launch marks a turning point in people’s relationship with computers. The 6th Gen Intel Core processors deliver enhanced performance and new immersive experiences at the lowest power levels ever and also support the broadest range of device designs – from the ultra-mobile compute stick, to 2 in 1s and huge high-definition All-in-One desktops, to new mobile workstations.
There are over 500 million computers in use today that are four to five years old or older. They are slow to wake, their batteries don’t last long, and they can’t take advantage of all the new experiences available today.
Built on the new Skylake microarchitecture on Intel’s leading 14nm manufacturing process technology,
– 6th Gen Intel Core processors deliver up to two and a half times better performance,
– triple the battery life, and
– graphics that are 30 times better for seamless and smooth gaming and video experiences versus the average 5-year-old computer.
– They can also be half as thin and half the weight,
– have faster wake up time, and
– battery life that lasts virtually all day
* 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors set a new standard with new, sleek designs that are thinner than ever, are capable of starting in about half a second, and offer up to two and a half times the performance and triple the battery life when compared to the computers many people currently own.
* 6th Gen Intel Core processors have been optimized to best run Windows* 10, enabling new experiences, removing computing pain points and providing more secure computing.
* 6th Gen Intel Core processor family is the most scalable ever for consumers and businesses, enabling the broadest range of designs from the smallest Intel® Compute Stick and All-in-One desktops, to 2 in 1s, notebooks and the first-ever Intel® Xeon® processor for mobile workstations.
This new generation of Intel processors also includes several firsts for mobile designs: a mobile “K” SKU that is unlocked to enable overclocking with even more user control, a new quad-core Intel® Core™ i5 processor that offers up to 60 percent improved mobile multitasking, and the Intel® Xeon® E3 processor family now powering mobile workstations. The 6th Gen Intel Core processors deliver significant improvements in graphics performance9 to offer stunning visuals for gaming as well as compelling 4K content creation and media playback. New Intel® Speed Shift technology improves the responsiveness of mobile systems so people can, for example, apply a photo filter up to 45 percent faster10.
In addition, the 6th Gen Intel Core and Intel Xeon platforms will offer a variety of new features and experiences. More devices will feature Thunderbolt™ 3 for USB Type-C, enabling one compact port that does it all. A user-facing or world-facing Intel® RealSense™ Camera will be available on a range of new 6th Gen Intel Core processor-based 2 in 1s, notebooks and All-in-One desktop systems, offering new depth-sensing capabilities and immersive experiences that allow people to do things like take and share lifelike 3-D selfies, scan objects and print in 3-D, and easily remove and change their background during a video chat.
The 6th Gen Intel Core platform will also advance Intel’s “no wires” initiative to deliver the best experience for wireless display available today with Intel® WiDi or Pro WiDi. This technology allows people to easily share from their computer to a TV, monitor or projector without the mess of wires and dongles.
The 6th Gen Intel Core processor family helps optimize Windows* 10 features such as Cortana* and Windows Hello* for more seamless and natural interaction with technology.
Devices with the Intel RealSense Camera paired with Windows Hello let people securely log in using facial recognition. True Key™ technology by Intel Security is also available on many 6th Gen Intel Core processor-based systems to deliver a secure experience for logging into devices and websites without the need to remember each site’s password.
SOURCES – Intel