Tesla Model 3 is crushing BMW, Audi and Mercedes sales

Tesla short-seller Andrew Left of Citron Research is now buying Tesla shares. The main driver for belief in Tesla is Tesla’s continued dominance of the premium electric car segment.

BMW, Audi and Mercedes sales are dropping as the Tesla Model 3 production ramps up.

Tesla has potential for huge gains in the next few years
* Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai will boost sales in China
* the Model 3 will soon enter the European market and Gigafactory 4 will open in Europe
* the upcoming Tesla Semi and Model Y
* rollout of the company’s first autonomous features with later iterations of Software V9, could allow the electric car maker to be added to the S&P 500 sometime next year.

Tesla will also start leasing its cars which will also increase sales.

243 thoughts on “Tesla Model 3 is crushing BMW, Audi and Mercedes sales”

1. I was impressed with the Model 3 motor. It is not a conventional induction motor, like in earlier Teslas. It is a switched reluctance motor. The rotor’s magnetic field is not induced by currents in the rotor, but by the stator field. Unlike a conventional induction motor, it is a synchronous motor, there is no slippage. This means there are only significant induced currents in the rotor when the stator field is established, and when it decays when power is cut. There is negligible heat generated in the stator. Heat is a problem with large induction motors, because it is difficult to remove, heat is relatively easy to remove from a stator. The SR motor’s rotor is basically a chunk of easily magnetized steel, even cheaper to make than a conventional “squirrel cage” induction motor, it requires no expensive rare earths, like permanent magnet motors, and can endure higher temperatures than permanent magnet motors. The SR motor can also turn at higher speeds than the PM motor, all other things being equal, leading to higher powers at the same torque. The model 3 SR motor is even more efficient than modern large polyphase induction motors, which are as high as 97% efficient at full load. I doubt the other manufacturers use these motors, yet. Where the SR motor is more complicated is in it’s controls. The software running the inverters that drive them is much more complex than for other motors, and the motor must have an accurate position encoder, so the inverter can keep the rotor, and stator fields very closely aligned. These days, this is no big deal, but before fast cheap digital computers, these motors were not practical.

2. What sales? The article title says ‘sales’. Where’s the data for this? From Tesla itself, filed under pain of civil and criminal penalties of any misreporting. In other words, the REAL deal. No where. As for this ‘short seller going long’, Congrats Brian! Congrats on being his market manipulation bîtch! Amazing, all this cult kool aide drinking rotting of critical thinking skills when it comes to Tesla. Truly amazing.

3. Where the data comes from is not mentioned in this article. The only data that matters is the quarterly reports from Tesla.

4. I was impressed with the Model 3 motor. It is not a conventional induction motor like in earlier Teslas. It is a switched reluctance motor.The rotor’s magnetic field is not induced by currents in the rotor but by the stator field. Unlike a conventional induction motor it is a synchronous motor there is no slippage. This means there are only significant induced currents in the rotor when the stator field is established and when it decays when power is cut. There is negligible heat generated in the stator. Heat is a problem with large induction motors because it is difficult to remove heat is relatively easy to remove from a stator.The SR motor’s rotor is basically a chunk of easily magnetized steel even cheaper to make than a conventional squirrel cage”” induction motor”” it requires no expensive rare earths like permanent magnet motors and can endure higher temperatures than permanent magnet motors. The SR motor can also turn at higher speeds than the PM motor all other things being equal leading to higher powers at the same torque.The model 3 SR motor is even more efficient than modern large polyphase induction motors which are as high as 97{22800fc54956079738b58e74e4dcd846757aa319aad70fcf90c97a58f3119a12} efficient at full load. I doubt the other manufacturers use these motors yet.Where the SR motor is more complicated is in it’s controls. The software running the inverters that drive them is much more complex than for other motors and the motor must have an accurate position encoder so the inverter can keep the rotor and stator fields very closely aligned. These days this is no big deal but before fast cheap digital computers”” these motors were not practical.”””

5. What sales? The article title says ‘sales’. Where’s the data for this? From Tesla itself filed under pain of civil and criminal penalties of any misreporting. In other words the REAL deal. No where. As for this ‘short seller going long’ Congrats Brian! Congrats on being his market manipulation bîtch!Amazing all this cult kool aide drinking rotting of critical thinking skills when it comes to Tesla. Truly amazing.”

6. Why? It’s a BS article to trick people into buying Tesla stock so the ‘suddenly converted’ short seller can make a profit off of suck naked market manipulation. But that’s ok with you…because, Kool-Aide. Cult.

7. first you post broken bitly links…then you make a comment that flies in the face of what I have already written on this thread. That’s a twofer in the Be A Libtard department. Wanna try for a Hat Trick?

8. Here it is, kiddies! Now was this SOO HARD? This is all you had to do, really. New York (CNN Business)Tesla has turned a profit as it nears the end of a long, trying year. The company posted its third-quarter earnings Wednesday, with a net profit of $312 million, by far its largest ever. The company’s stock shot up more than 12% at 5:40 pm ET during after-hours trading. “Q3 2018 was a truly historic quarter for Tesla. Model 3 was the best-selling car in the US in terms of revenue and the 5th best-selling car in terms of volume,” (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk said in a letter to investors. Now let’s see if they can keep it up. It would be a pretty good story if they can….sort of like the film ‘Rocky’ was for boxing, Tesla for EV cars.

9. The only source that matters is an official Tesla financial report, like the quarterly report. Oh, and your bitly link doesn’t work, morôn.

10. Why? It’s a BS article to trick people into buying Tesla stock so the ‘suddenly converted’ short seller can make a profit off of suck naked market manipulation.But that’s ok with you…because Kool-Aide. Cult.

11. first you post broken bitly links…then you make a comment that flies in the face of what I have already written on this thread. That’s a twofer in the Be A Libtard department. Wanna try for a Hat Trick?

12. Here it is kiddies! Now was this SOO HARD? This is all you had to do really.New York (CNN Business)Tesla has turned a profit as it nears the end of a long trying year.The company posted its third-quarter earnings Wednesday with a net profit of $312 million by far its largest ever. The company’s stock shot up more than 12{22800fc54956079738b58e74e4dcd846757aa319aad70fcf90c97a58f3119a12} at 5:40 pm ET during after-hours trading.Q3 2018 was a truly historic quarter for Tesla. Model 3 was the best-selling car in the US in terms of revenue and the 5th best-selling car in terms of volume”””” (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk said in a letter to investors.Now let’s see if they can keep it up. It would be a pretty good story if they can….sort of like the film ‘Rocky’ was for boxing”””” Tesla for EV cars.”””

13. The only source that matters is an official Tesla financial report like the quarterly report.Oh and your bitly link doesn’t work morôn.”

14. So I don’t know about who’s links are working a who’s arent right now, but I see the fact that Tesla turned a profit as a big deal. It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles, and plans to eventually go all electric. So they will either A) have to rely on other companies to setup the infrastructure needed, which, I think, could take longer than desired (BOOOOO lol), or B) help set it up as they move away from fossil fuels (YAAAAY!) which might reduce the time it could take to roll out the large scale infrastructure needed to support a fully EV auto industry. So, this could go a few ways. Either we could see this shift happen gradually (and if it’s happening gradually, it’s REALLY gradual at the moment), or it’ll all be setup really fast, within a few years, and people will wonder how in the actual hell it happened. Either way, even though it’ll take quite a while to replace an entire transportation industry– because we would still have air, see and heavy work vehicles to consider and build new technologies around– a fully EV world is in it’s way. I doubt I’ll see it completely flip from fossil to electric in my lifetime (and who knows, we may always have some kind of chemical thrust for some vehicles to do certain things), but I’m guessing that by the time I die, which I hope to be a long time from now (I’m thirty-five), vehicles will be mostly electric.

15. You must have noticed, even though you’re a m0ron, that Vuukle doesn’t post links, the “.” was removed on purpose to make sure it posted, you were just to slow to notice.

16. So I don’t know about who’s links are working a who’s arent right now but I see the fact that Tesla turned a profit as a big deal.It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles and plans to eventually go all electric. So they will either A) have to rely on other companies to setup the infrastructure needed which I think could take longer than desired (BOOOOO lol) or B) help set it up as they move away from fossil fuels (YAAAAY!) which might reduce the time it could take to roll out the large scale infrastructure needed to support a fully EV auto industry. So this could go a few ways. Either we could see this shift happen gradually (and if it’s happening gradually it’s REALLY gradual at the moment) or it’ll all be setup really fast within a few years and people will wonder how in the actual hell it happened. Either way even though it’ll take quite a while to replace an entire transportation industry– because we would still have air see and heavy work vehicles to consider and build new technologies around– a fully EV world is in it’s way. I doubt I’ll see it completely flip from fossil to electric in my lifetime (and who knows we may always have some kind of chemical thrust for some vehicles to do certain things) but I’m guessing that by the time I die which I hope to be a long time from now (I’m thirty-five) vehicles will be mostly electric.

17. You must have noticed even though you’re a m0ron that Vuukle doesn’t post links the .”” was removed on purpose to make sure it posted”””” you were just to slow to notice.”””

18. interestingly virulently hating something is also in its own way a cult .. emotional people arent good to listen to because of their confirmation bias… take your emotion out and people would bother to listen to you provided you offer facts and not personal attacks.. facts are tesla made money…

19. interestingly virulently hating something is also in its own way a cult .. emotional people arent good to listen to because of their confirmation bias… take your emotion out and people would bother to listen to you provided you offer facts and not personal attacks.. facts are tesla made money…

20. I new that Tesla was using an exotic type of motor but not what type. Are you certain that there are no rare earth magnets in it though ? Last I had heard about this motor is that it was using neodymium magnets, although not many of them.

21. I new that Tesla was using an exotic type of motor but not what type. Are you certain that there are no rare earth magnets in it though ? Last I had heard about this motor is that it was using neodymium magnets although not many of them.

22. Good post, but I was under the impression the dual motor model 3 actually used two different types of motors. The new kind that you described for the front and the kind that is in the S and X for the back one. I’ll have to recheck that.

23. Hey, Warren the Schum a.k.a Warren the Troll .. You troll, everyone is now beating your butthocks, even Igor and Tom Perkins. How is that ? Maybe it is time to stop trolling this place and leave for a while? Something like a week, something like ten years? Luca Mazza

24. He is the most notoriuos troll of NBF Read here: bit.ly/2MeWYZT He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around me included

25. Warren the Troll Ape is a well known troll of NBF He is supporting genocide, silencing other people, writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything. He supports nuclear war between China and Japan and much more nasty things If you want to know more about this Skum guy, please read here bit.ly/2MeWYZT I invite you not to lose your precious time with this skum

26. He is supporting genocide silencing other people” writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything. “” “””

27. Good post but I was under the impression the dual motor model 3 actually used two different types of motors. The new kind that you described for the front and the kind that is in the S and X for the back one.I’ll have to recheck that.

28. Hey Warren the Schum a.k.a Warren the Troll .. You troll everyone is now beating your butthocks even Igor and Tom Perkins. How is that ? Maybe it is time to stop trolling this place and leave for a while? Something like a week something like ten years? Luca Mazza

29. He is the most notoriuos troll of NBF Read here: bit.ly/2MeWYZT He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around me included

30. Warren the Troll Ape is a well known troll of NBF He is supporting genocide silencing other people writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything. He supports nuclear war between China and Japan and much more nasty things If you want to know more about this Skum guy please read here bit.ly/2MeWYZT I invite you not to lose your precious time with this skum

31. He is supporting genocide, silencing other people, writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything.

32. Where do I state that I am mad about Tesla’s success? No where. And Tesla is not about capitalism. W/o the subsidies from government, it would never have happened. And when is being critical of BS constitute being ‘mad about success’ and ‘against capitalism’? Learn some reading comprehension skills.

33. You know what Tommy? You just got me good on that one. Not that I am any of those things and Matteo is. But that you turned that around as you just did. Forces me to appreciate what you just did. 🙂

34. It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles, and plans to eventually go all electric. ” Yes. But that doesn’t mean they will all be Teslas. Or even most of them.

35. Where do I state that I am mad about Tesla’s success? No where.And Tesla is not about capitalism. W/o the subsidies from government it would never have happened.And when is being critical of BS constitute being ‘mad about success’ and ‘against capitalism’?Learn some reading comprehension skills.

36. You know what Tommy? You just got me good on that one.Not that I am any of those things and Matteo is. But that you turned that around as you just did. Forces me to appreciate what you just did. 🙂

37. It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles” and plans to eventually go all electric. “”Yes. But that doesn’t mean they will all be Teslas. Or even most of them.”””

38. He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around me included” That’s rich when you post a link to a Stalker Wall you maintain on me, Matteo. Who do I stalk? And prove that I stalk you. You can’t prove anything. Because I don’t talk anyone. Why should I? All the fools I want to rip to pieces come here to NBF all on their own volition. No stalking necessary.

39. When you act like it. ” Writing is not acting. So there’s a root cause of your constant reading comprehension fails right there. “BS, subsidies of any sort are about 4% of it’s revenue. ” So? How could it sell its cars w/o the car buyers subsidy. What about the help it got from the government to get established? To get the old NUMMI plant? By avoiding discussing those, you prove that you are full of BS. “Like you have any of them.” Far more than you do, as you prove constantly.

40. He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around me included””That’s rich when you post a link to a Stalker Wall you maintain on me”””” Matteo.Who do I stalk? And prove that I stalk you.You can’t prove anything. Because I don’t talk anyone. Why should I? All the fools I want to rip to pieces come here to NBF all on their own volition. No stalking necessary.”””

41. When you act like it. “”Writing is not acting. So there’s a root cause of your constant reading comprehension fails right there.””””BS”””” subsidies of any sort are about 4{22800fc54956079738b58e74e4dcd846757aa319aad70fcf90c97a58f3119a12} of it’s revenue. “”””So? How could it sell its cars w/o the car buyers subsidy. What about the help it got from the government to get established? To get the old NUMMI plant?By avoiding discussing those”””” you prove that you are full of BS.””””Like you have any of them.””””Far more than you do”””” as you prove constantly.”””

42. I do not use sock puppets I do not support genocide I do not silence other people Warren the Troll is not my mentor, maybe it is yours You support violence You support such things Luca Mazza (R)

43. I do not use sock puppets I do not support genocide I do not silence other people Warren the Troll is not my mentor maybe it is yours You support violenceYou support such things Luca Mazza (R)

44. I mean…I worked for Starbucks for seven years, and folks used to roll up into the drive-thru and laugh about us being drug dealers. And…well, like…I couldn’t call them for BS because they had me cornered on a technicality, because caffeine is a drug. Frankly, it was HILARIOUS. But it was LEGAL drug dealing. And drug dealers aren’t legally de…oh…wait, let me walk that back: pharma companies and wherever drugs are legal. But if Tesla is participating in dealing the future of the auto industry …GIMMIE THE DRUGS!!! xD I need ’em! I need my anti-fossil fuel fix…I need…halp…pls sir… ^_~ Okay, sorry, I just went into trolling at the end. It’s after midnight here, and I’m claiming that as an excuse!

45. Oh yah dude, for sure, you’re right about that. I know this article was about Tesla, but VW and Mercedes and BMW are planning huge EV pushes. I’m curious to see what they come out with.

46. I mean…I worked for Starbucks for seven years and folks used to roll up into the drive-thru and laugh about us being drug dealers. And…well like…I couldn’t call them for BS because they had me cornered on a technicality because caffeine is a drug. Frankly it was HILARIOUS. But it was LEGAL drug dealing. And drug dealers aren’t legally de…oh…wait let me walk that back: pharma companies and wherever drugs are legal.But if Tesla is participating in dealing the future of the auto industry …GIMMIE THE DRUGS!!! xD I need ’em! I need my anti-fossil fuel fix…I need…halp…pls sir… ^_~ Okay sorry I just went into trolling at the end. It’s after midnight here and I’m claiming that as an excuse!

47. Oh yah dude for sure you’re right about that. I know this article was about Tesla but VW and Mercedes and BMW are planning huge EV pushes. I’m curious to see what they come out with.

48. lol I am an american and seen 20 year old germans with 300,000 miles or rebuilt engines, like new, how many 20 yr old mass produced american on the roads? I guess it is the difference between cold plated phased steel that does not rust (German Swedish) vs crappy plates that only last 6 years in ‘american’ cars.. How about the pickup truck with he bending aluminium chassis? lol

49. lol, it does not self parc, does not have advanced surround view, the infotainment system is basic, and many more. Its onboard ergonomics are atrocious, and where is the Heads Up display? In fact, to get features similar to the competition one needs the top dual motor AWD and even then it doesnot have the same packages aa a premium/luxury all equipped car. And if those are higher priced, a second hand at 60% MSRP beats any new tesla. Not to mention 0-6- 35-4.2 seconds.. not bad for ICE/hybrids..

50. If by “non-competitive” you mean vehicles doing 0-60 in 4 seconds and, for a similar price, outdo tesla in many tech features, e.g. surround camera infotainment and many more, your comment does not reflect reality.

51. I mean…I worked for Starbucks for seven years, and folks used to roll up into the drive-thru and laugh about us being drug dealers. And…well, like…I couldn’t call them for BS because they had me cornered on a technicality, because caffeine is a drug. Frankly, it was HILARIOUS. But it was LEGAL drug dealing. And drug dealers aren’t legally de…oh…wait, let me walk that back: pharma companies and wherever drugs are legal. But if Tesla is participating in dealing the future of the auto industry …GIMMIE THE DRUGS!!! xD I need ’em! I need my anti-fossil fuel fix…I need…halp…pls sir… ^_~ Okay, sorry, I just went into trolling at the end. It’s after midnight here, and I’m claiming that as an excuse!

52. I mean…I worked for Starbucks for seven years and folks used to roll up into the drive-thru and laugh about us being drug dealers. And…well like…I couldn’t call them for BS because they had me cornered on a technicality because caffeine is a drug. Frankly it was HILARIOUS. But it was LEGAL drug dealing. And drug dealers aren’t legally de…oh…wait let me walk that back: pharma companies and wherever drugs are legal.But if Tesla is participating in dealing the future of the auto industry …GIMMIE THE DRUGS!!! xD I need ’em! I need my anti-fossil fuel fix…I need…halp…pls sir… ^_~ Okay sorry I just went into trolling at the end. It’s after midnight here and I’m claiming that as an excuse!

53. Oh yah dude, for sure, you’re right about that. I know this article was about Tesla, but VW and Mercedes and BMW are planning huge EV pushes. I’m curious to see what they come out with.

54. Oh yah dude for sure you’re right about that. I know this article was about Tesla but VW and Mercedes and BMW are planning huge EV pushes. I’m curious to see what they come out with.

55. I do not use sock puppets I do not support genocide I do not silence other people Warren the Troll is not my mentor, maybe it is yours You support violence You support such things Luca Mazza (R)

56. I do not use sock puppets I do not support genocide I do not silence other people Warren the Troll is not my mentor maybe it is yours You support violenceYou support such things Luca Mazza (R)

57. He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around me included” That’s rich when you post a link to a Stalker Wall you maintain on me, Matteo. Who do I stalk? And prove that I stalk you. You can’t prove anything. Because I don’t talk anyone. Why should I? All the fools I want to rip to pieces come here to NBF all on their own volition. No stalking necessary.

58. He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around me included””That’s rich when you post a link to a Stalker Wall you maintain on me”””” Matteo.Who do I stalk? And prove that I stalk you.You can’t prove anything. Because I don’t talk anyone. Why should I? All the fools I want to rip to pieces come here to NBF all on their own volition. No stalking necessary.”””

59. When you act like it. ” Writing is not acting. So there’s a root cause of your constant reading comprehension fails right there. “BS, subsidies of any sort are about 4% of it’s revenue. ” So? How could it sell its cars w/o the car buyers subsidy. What about the help it got from the government to get established? To get the old NUMMI plant? By avoiding discussing those, you prove that you are full of BS. “Like you have any of them.” Far more than you do, as you prove constantly.

60. When you act like it. “”Writing is not acting. So there’s a root cause of your constant reading comprehension fails right there.””””BS”””” subsidies of any sort are about 4{22800fc54956079738b58e74e4dcd846757aa319aad70fcf90c97a58f3119a12} of it’s revenue. “”””So? How could it sell its cars w/o the car buyers subsidy. What about the help it got from the government to get established? To get the old NUMMI plant?By avoiding discussing those”””” you prove that you are full of BS.””””Like you have any of them.””””Far more than you do”””” as you prove constantly.”””

61. I mean…I worked for Starbucks for seven years, and folks used to roll up into the drive-thru and laugh about us being drug dealers. And…well, like…I couldn’t call them for BS because they had me cornered on a technicality, because caffeine is a drug. Frankly, it was HILARIOUS. But it was LEGAL drug dealing. And drug dealers aren’t legally de…oh…wait, let me walk that back: pharma companies and wherever drugs are legal.

62. Oh yah dude, for sure, you’re right about that. I know this article was about Tesla, but VW and Mercedes and BMW are planning huge EV pushes. I’m curious to see what they come out with.

63. Where do I state that I am mad about Tesla’s success? No where. And Tesla is not about capitalism. W/o the subsidies from government, it would never have happened. And when is being critical of BS constitute being ‘mad about success’ and ‘against capitalism’? Learn some reading comprehension skills.

64. Where do I state that I am mad about Tesla’s success? No where.And Tesla is not about capitalism. W/o the subsidies from government it would never have happened.And when is being critical of BS constitute being ‘mad about success’ and ‘against capitalism’?Learn some reading comprehension skills.

65. You know what Tommy? You just got me good on that one. Not that I am any of those things and Matteo is. But that you turned that around as you just did. Forces me to appreciate what you just did. 🙂

66. You know what Tommy? You just got me good on that one.Not that I am any of those things and Matteo is. But that you turned that around as you just did. Forces me to appreciate what you just did. 🙂

67. It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles, and plans to eventually go all electric. ” Yes. But that doesn’t mean they will all be Teslas. Or even most of them.

68. It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles” and plans to eventually go all electric. “”Yes. But that doesn’t mean they will all be Teslas. Or even most of them.”””

69. He is supporting genocide, silencing other people, writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything.

70. He is supporting genocide silencing other people” writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything. “” “””

71. Good post, but I was under the impression the dual motor model 3 actually used two different types of motors. The new kind that you described for the front and the kind that is in the S and X for the back one. I’ll have to recheck that.

72. Good post but I was under the impression the dual motor model 3 actually used two different types of motors. The new kind that you described for the front and the kind that is in the S and X for the back one.I’ll have to recheck that.

73. Hey, Warren the Schum a.k.a Warren the Troll .. You troll, everyone is now beating your butthocks, even Igor and Tom Perkins. How is that ? Maybe it is time to stop trolling this place and leave for a while? Something like a week, something like ten years? Luca Mazza

74. Hey Warren the Schum a.k.a Warren the Troll .. You troll everyone is now beating your butthocks even Igor and Tom Perkins. How is that ? Maybe it is time to stop trolling this place and leave for a while? Something like a week something like ten years? Luca Mazza

75. He is the most notoriuos troll of NBF Read here: bit.ly/2MeWYZT He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around me included

76. He is the most notoriuos troll of NBF Read here: bit.ly/2MeWYZT He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around me included

77. Warren the Troll Ape is a well known troll of NBF He is supporting genocide, silencing other people, writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything. He supports nuclear war between China and Japan and much more nasty things If you want to know more about this Skum guy, please read here bit.ly/2MeWYZT I invite you not to lose your precious time with this skum

78. Warren the Troll Ape is a well known troll of NBF He is supporting genocide silencing other people writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything. He supports nuclear war between China and Japan and much more nasty things If you want to know more about this Skum guy please read here bit.ly/2MeWYZT I invite you not to lose your precious time with this skum

79. “He uses many sock puppers and he is stalking people around
    me included”

That’s rich when you post a link to a Stalker Wall you maintain on me, Matteo.

Who do I stalk? And prove that I stalk you.

80. ” When you act like it. ”

“BS, subsidies of any sort are about 4% of it’s revenue. ”

By avoiding discussing those, you prove that you are full of BS.

“Like you have any of them.”

Far more than you do, as you prove constantly.

81. I new that Tesla was using an exotic type of motor but not what type. Are you certain that there are no rare earth magnets in it though ? Last I had heard about this motor is that it was using neodymium magnets, although not many of them.

82. I new that Tesla was using an exotic type of motor but not what type. Are you certain that there are no rare earth magnets in it though ? Last I had heard about this motor is that it was using neodymium magnets although not many of them.

83. ” Where do I state that I am mad about Tesla’s success? ” <-- When you act like it. " And Tesla is not about capitalism. W/o the subsidies from government, it would never have happened. " <-- BS, subsidies of any sort are about 4% of it's revenue. "And when is being critical of BS " <-- Because it is self evident to the sane it is not BS, and you are not sane. " Learn some reading comprehension skills. " <- Like you have any of them.

84. Where do I state that I am mad about Tesla’s success? No where.

Learn some reading comprehension skills.

85. You know what Tommy? You just got me good on that one.

86. “It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles, and plans to eventually go all electric. ”

Yes. But that doesn’t mean they will all be Teslas. Or even most of them.

87. interestingly virulently hating something is also in its own way a cult .. emotional people arent good to listen to because of their confirmation bias… take your emotion out and people would bother to listen to you provided you offer facts and not personal attacks.. facts are tesla made money…

88. interestingly virulently hating something is also in its own way a cult .. emotional people arent good to listen to because of their confirmation bias… take your emotion out and people would bother to listen to you provided you offer facts and not personal attacks.. facts are tesla made money…

89. So I don’t know about who’s links are working a who’s arent right now, but I see the fact that Tesla turned a profit as a big deal. It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles, and plans to eventually go all electric. So they will either A) have to rely on other companies to setup the infrastructure needed, which, I think, could take longer than desired (BOOOOO lol), or B) help set it up as they move away from fossil fuels (YAAAAY!) which might reduce the time it could take to roll out the large scale infrastructure needed to support a fully EV auto industry. So, this could go a few ways. Either we could see this shift happen gradually (and if it’s happening gradually, it’s REALLY gradual at the moment), or it’ll all be setup really fast, within a few years, and people will wonder how in the actual hell it happened. Either way, even though it’ll take quite a while to replace an entire transportation industry– because we would still have air, see and heavy work vehicles to consider and build new technologies around– a fully EV world is in it’s way. I doubt I’ll see it completely flip from fossil to electric in my lifetime (and who knows, we may always have some kind of chemical thrust for some vehicles to do certain things), but I’m guessing that by the time I die, which I hope to be a long time from now (I’m thirty-five), vehicles will be mostly electric.

90. So I don’t know about who’s links are working a who’s arent right now but I see the fact that Tesla turned a profit as a big deal.It’s looking like the auto industry is planning a big move toward electric vehicles and plans to eventually go all electric. So they will either A) have to rely on other companies to setup the infrastructure needed which I think could take longer than desired (BOOOOO lol) or B) help set it up as they move away from fossil fuels (YAAAAY!) which might reduce the time it could take to roll out the large scale infrastructure needed to support a fully EV auto industry. So this could go a few ways. Either we could see this shift happen gradually (and if it’s happening gradually it’s REALLY gradual at the moment) or it’ll all be setup really fast within a few years and people will wonder how in the actual hell it happened. Either way even though it’ll take quite a while to replace an entire transportation industry– because we would still have air see and heavy work vehicles to consider and build new technologies around– a fully EV world is in it’s way. I doubt I’ll see it completely flip from fossil to electric in my lifetime (and who knows we may always have some kind of chemical thrust for some vehicles to do certain things) but I’m guessing that by the time I die which I hope to be a long time from now (I’m thirty-five) vehicles will be mostly electric.

91. ” He is supporting genocide, silencing other people, writing stuphid comments all around and using many sock puppets. And he lies and lies about everything. ” <-- So he's your mentor and trainer then?

92. Good post, but I was under the impression the dual motor model 3 actually used two different types of motors. The new kind that you described for the front and the kind that is in the S and X for the back one.

I’ll have to recheck that.

93. Hey, Warren the Schum a.k.a Warren the Troll ..
    You troll, everyone is now beating your butthocks, even Igor and Tom Perkins.
    How is that ?
    Maybe it is time to stop trolling this place and leave for a while?
    Something like a week, something like ten years?
    Luca Mazza

94. Warren the Troll Ape is a well known troll of NBF
    And he lies and lies about everything.
    He supports nuclear war between China and Japan and much more nasty things
    If you want to know more about this Skum guy, please read here bit.ly/2MeWYZT
    I invite you not to lose your precious time with this skum

95. You must have noticed, even though you’re a m0ron, that Vuukle doesn’t post links, the “.” was removed on purpose to make sure it posted, you were just to slow to notice.

96. You must have noticed even though you’re a m0ron that Vuukle doesn’t post links the .”” was removed on purpose to make sure it posted”””” you were just to slow to notice.”””

97. Why? It’s a BS article to trick people into buying Tesla stock so the ‘suddenly converted’ short seller can make a profit off of suck naked market manipulation. But that’s ok with you…because, Kool-Aide. Cult.

98. Why? It’s a BS article to trick people into buying Tesla stock so the ‘suddenly converted’ short seller can make a profit off of suck naked market manipulation.But that’s ok with you…because Kool-Aide. Cult.

99. first you post broken bitly links…then you make a comment that flies in the face of what I have already written on this thread. That’s a twofer in the Be A Libtard department. Wanna try for a Hat Trick?

100. first you post broken bitly links…then you make a comment that flies in the face of what I have already written on this thread. That’s a twofer in the Be A Libtard department. Wanna try for a Hat Trick?

101. Here it is, kiddies! Now was this SOO HARD? This is all you had to do, really. New York (CNN Business)Tesla has turned a profit as it nears the end of a long, trying year. The company posted its third-quarter earnings Wednesday, with a net profit of $312 million, by far its largest ever. The company’s stock shot up more than 12% at 5:40 pm ET during after-hours trading. “Q3 2018 was a truly historic quarter for Tesla. Model 3 was the best-selling car in the US in terms of revenue and the 5th best-selling car in terms of volume,” (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk said in a letter to investors. Now let’s see if they can keep it up. It would be a pretty good story if they can….sort of like the film ‘Rocky’ was for boxing, Tesla for EV cars.

102. Here it is kiddies! Now was this SOO HARD? This is all you had to do really.New York (CNN Business)Tesla has turned a profit as it nears the end of a long trying year.The company posted its third-quarter earnings Wednesday with a net profit of $312 million by far its largest ever. The company’s stock shot up more than 12{22800fc54956079738b58e74e4dcd846757aa319aad70fcf90c97a58f3119a12} at 5:40 pm ET during after-hours trading.Q3 2018 was a truly historic quarter for Tesla. Model 3 was the best-selling car in the US in terms of revenue and the 5th best-selling car in terms of volume”””” (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk said in a letter to investors.Now let’s see if they can keep it up. It would be a pretty good story if they can….sort of like the film ‘Rocky’ was for boxing”””” Tesla for EV cars.”””

103. The only source that matters is an official Tesla financial report, like the quarterly report. Oh, and your bitly link doesn’t work, morôn.

104. The only source that matters is an official Tesla financial report like the quarterly report.Oh and your bitly link doesn’t work morôn.”

105. Where the data comes from is not mentioned in this article. The only data that matters is the quarterly reports from Tesla.

106. Where the data comes from is not mentioned in this article. The only data that matters is the quarterly reports from Tesla.

107. I was impressed with the Model 3 motor. It is not a conventional induction motor, like in earlier Teslas. It is a switched reluctance motor. The rotor’s magnetic field is not induced by currents in the rotor, but by the stator field. Unlike a conventional induction motor, it is a synchronous motor, there is no slippage. This means there are only significant induced currents in the rotor when the stator field is established, and when it decays when power is cut. There is negligible heat generated in the stator. Heat is a problem with large induction motors, because it is difficult to remove, heat is relatively easy to remove from a stator. The SR motor’s rotor is basically a chunk of easily magnetized steel, even cheaper to make than a conventional “squirrel cage” induction motor, it requires no expensive rare earths, like permanent magnet motors, and can endure higher temperatures than permanent magnet motors. The SR motor can also turn at higher speeds than the PM motor, all other things being equal, leading to higher powers at the same torque. The model 3 SR motor is even more efficient than modern large polyphase induction motors, which are as high as 97% efficient at full load. I doubt the other manufacturers use these motors, yet. Where the SR motor is more complicated is in it’s controls. The software running the inverters that drive them is much more complex than for other motors, and the motor must have an accurate position encoder, so the inverter can keep the rotor, and stator fields very closely aligned. These days, this is no big deal, but before fast cheap digital computers, these motors were not practical.

108. I was impressed with the Model 3 motor. It is not a conventional induction motor like in earlier Teslas. It is a switched reluctance motor.The rotor’s magnetic field is not induced by currents in the rotor but by the stator field. Unlike a conventional induction motor it is a synchronous motor there is no slippage. This means there are only significant induced currents in the rotor when the stator field is established and when it decays when power is cut. There is negligible heat generated in the stator. Heat is a problem with large induction motors because it is difficult to remove heat is relatively easy to remove from a stator.The SR motor’s rotor is basically a chunk of easily magnetized steel even cheaper to make than a conventional squirrel cage”” induction motor”” it requires no expensive rare earths like permanent magnet motors and can endure higher temperatures than permanent magnet motors. The SR motor can also turn at higher speeds than the PM motor all other things being equal leading to higher powers at the same torque.The model 3 SR motor is even more efficient than modern large polyphase induction motors which are as high as 97{22800fc54956079738b58e74e4dcd846757aa319aad70fcf90c97a58f3119a12} efficient at full load. I doubt the other manufacturers use these motors yet.Where the SR motor is more complicated is in it’s controls. The software running the inverters that drive them is much more complex than for other motors and the motor must have an accurate position encoder so the inverter can keep the rotor and stator fields very closely aligned. These days this is no big deal but before fast cheap digital computers”” these motors were not practical.”””

109. What sales? The article title says ‘sales’. Where’s the data for this? From Tesla itself, filed under pain of civil and criminal penalties of any misreporting. In other words, the REAL deal. No where. As for this ‘short seller going long’, Congrats Brian! Congrats on being his market manipulation bîtch! Amazing, all this cult kool aide drinking rotting of critical thinking skills when it comes to Tesla. Truly amazing.

110. What sales? The article title says ‘sales’. Where’s the data for this? From Tesla itself filed under pain of civil and criminal penalties of any misreporting. In other words the REAL deal. No where. As for this ‘short seller going long’ Congrats Brian! Congrats on being his market manipulation bîtch!Amazing all this cult kool aide drinking rotting of critical thinking skills when it comes to Tesla. Truly amazing.”

111. I new that Tesla was using an exotic type of motor but not what type. Are you certain that there are no rare earth magnets in it though ? Last I had heard about this motor is that it was using neodymium magnets, although not many of them.

112. interestingly virulently hating something is also in its own way a cult .. emotional people arent good to listen to because of their confirmation bias… take your emotion out and people would bother to listen to you provided you offer facts and not personal attacks.. facts are tesla made money…

113. So I don’t know about who’s links are working a who’s arent right now, but I see the fact that Tesla turned a profit as a big deal.

114. Why? It’s a BS article to trick people into buying Tesla stock so the ‘suddenly converted’ short seller can make a profit off of suck naked market manipulation.

But that’s ok with you…because, Kool-Aide. Cult.

115. first you post broken bitly links…then you make a comment that flies in the face of what I have already written on this thread.

That’s a twofer in the Be A Libtard department. Wanna try for a Hat Trick?

116. Here it is, kiddies! Now was this SOO HARD? This is all you had to do, really.

117. I was impressed with the Model 3 motor. It is not a conventional induction motor, like in earlier Teslas. It is a switched reluctance motor.

118. What sales? The article title says ‘sales’.

No where.