• McCurdy’s Armor provides protection for operators while still providing full situational awareness through transparent armor
• McCurdy’s Armor can be used in situations where rapid deployment is needed as well as fixed posts.
• McCurdy’s Armor conserves manpower, equipment and construction materials.
– Conserves resources because it is reused over and over
– Quickly “de-constructed” so no infrastructure is left behind
• Intuitive set up using universal components and common tools
– Minimal training is required
– Every part is a one-man carry and interchangeable with similar parts
• Includes transparent armor gun ports
– Quickly open into firing positions
The pieces looks like things that could be rapidly manufactured. How strong could rapidly manufactured pieces be using materials that are onsite ? With a smaller amount of additives like 6% carbon nanotubes and polymers you can make a stronger cement material. This would be adapting lunar cement to earth based purposes.
There is the possibility of adapting similar techniques for constructing buildings in developing countries for non-military purposes.
• Camp Guard Posts
• Observation Posts
• VCP/ECP Greeter stations
• Sniper Positions
• Cordon Security
• Police and Military Recruiting Stations
• Election Posts
• Anywhere our personnel will be exposed to enemy sniper fire, IDF, small arms, suicide bombers, and grenade attacks
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.